Tuesday, September 22, 2009

um...YES


That's all I could think when I saw this picture. It's like they were made for me, me who is sitting here eating M&Ms at 10:30 am.
They are saying now that celiacs can eat "gluten-free" oats, or oats that are processed in a totally wheat-free facility. They don't think there is gluten in oats, but that since oats are always processed with wheat, there is a ton of cross-contamination. But, they also say that a small percentage of celiacs still don't tolerate gluten-free oats well. They think this is because the gluten in oats is too similar to the the "toxic" (to us) gluten in wheat, rye and barley.
This is why a bag of Bob's Red Mill GF Oats has been sitting in my pantry for two months untouched. I am afraid.
But this recipe might just push me over the edge. I bet you could even eat it for breakfast, because, after all, there are oats in it. And hello, no bake?! Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment